Just Breathe and Relax.
Knowing how and when to relax is vital for ensuring your health and well-being. Relaxing can also restore the passion and joy in your life. When you let stress affect you it can lead to illness, depression and weight gain. You should always set time out of your day to relax yourself.
Breathing exercises are a great way to relax and relieve stress. To learn the best way to catch your breath and relax your mind and body visit this site Breathing: Three Exercises. Dr Weil gives detailed instructions and offers video demonstrations on how to learn breathing techniques.
Healthy foods and drinks can help with relieving stress.
- Green Tea – Green tea is a source of L-Theanine, a chemical that helps relieve anger.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate regulates levels of the stress hormone cortisol and stabilizes metabolism .
- Mango – Contain a compound called linalool that helps lower stress levels.
- Water – Drinks lots of water. It brings fresh energy to your body. For anyone who gets panic attacks the best thing you can do is drink down some water.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables – Try to buy organic. They provide an array of vitamins and minerals that are great for reducing stress. Vegetables also have a high fiber content, which is helpful in treating constipation (another long term effect of stress).
- Chew Gum – Just a few minutes of chewing can actually reduce anxiety and lower cortisol levels.
- Multivitamin – Great for relaxation Vitamin B and Vitamin D. Try Flaxseed oil. Flaxseed oil has been known to help improve moods and boost brain function.
Things to Avoid
- Refined Sugar – Avoid excessive refined sugar. Ups and downs in your blood sugar will lead to agitation, upsetting your body’s ability to efficiently utilize energy.
- Caffeine – To much caffeine makes you jumpy and irritable.
Write it down. Putting your emotions on paper can make them seem less intimidating. Also helps with getting your emotions out.
Massage. Go to a spa or get a great massage. This helps with undoing the body knots and helps clear the mind.
Exercise every day. This is the best and scientific proven way to reduce stress. I know it’s hard to get started but once you get into a routine you will not only feel great but you will look great too.
Hug or Cuddle – Snuggle up with your significant other or pet. This is a great detailed article about how this helps you. A hug can cure almost anything
Listen to relaxing soothing music. You can find some wonderful relaxation music on YouTube.
Just remember to Just Breathe